So over the past couple weeks, I've been switching my devices around to make my home entertainment experience more seamless. I was previous using a PS3 for Hulu, Prime and a little gaming. I only played LEGO games with my son (5 years old) as I am no longer a heavy gamer. And I had a PC laptop. So a few weeks ago, I got a Macbook Pro and then thought it would be cool to get an Apple TV for mirroring (since we also have iPhones in the house) from my laptop. I was hesitant because I'd have overlap in the Apple TV and what I mainly used the PS3 for. To get to the point quickly, I got the LEGO games for the Macbook, bought the Apple TV, sold the PC Laptop and PS3 and used the PS3 controllers with my macbook. Now my son and I game on the laptop and mirror to the big TV via Apple TV and it's works great. Less clutter in my entertainment center and seamless switching between devices and services and made a couple bucks by selling the PS3. Good thing about using the laptop is that we can game anywhere in the house or on a family trip. The games work awesome and my son knows how to turn bluetooth on and off, change to apple tv input and start up all by himself.

So in explaining all of that, I just wanted to know who else uses their Macbook for gaming? I would advise it as a great choice (combined with Apple TV) for light to medium gamers who don't care much about online gaming or platform exclusives.
    07-19-2013 11:08 AM
    I have a few games on my MacBook, but I don't play them. I installed them for my youngest son to play. They run smoothly on my MacBook, however.
    07-19-2013 11:27 AM
    I’m not much of a gamer... a few card games on my MBP is all I have/do.
    07-19-2013 11:31 AM
    I’m not much of a gamer... a few card games on my MBP is all I have/do.
    Yeah I don't game much. Back in college I was a heavy sports gamer and then after still did the online Madden thing. But over the last few years no desire at all. But my son enjoyed the LEGO games since we tried via demo and I found them entertained since we could play together. Another way for us to spend time together. I've never thought about using the computer for gaming. Even though I knew that most of the games are made for the computer now but I always reflected everything I tried to paly Madden on PC with the keyboard lol. Then I realized how far it's come and controllers are much more easy to hook up and use with USB and bluetooth. So then I just thought about switching to gaming on the computer and turns out, that's good enough for us. And don't let me find a torrent ... even bigger win. But yeah my mac will be my gaming platform from now on. If it's not on Mac, then I don't care about the game LOL. But I was able to get the major LEGO games and I gotta tell you, they are awesome and entertaining. Not so serious either.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 07-19-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    07-19-2013 01:07 PM