Samsung taking on the Mac's Retina Display with new 276 PPI panel

http://www.imore.com/samsung-taking-...w-276ppi-panel
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 05-20-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    05-20-2013 02:01 PM
    Samsung taking on the Mac's Retina Display with new 276 PPI panel

Samsung taking on the Mac's Retina Display with new 276 PPI panel | iMore.com
    Interesting... but with Apple moving away from Samsung as part of its supply chain, you won’t be able to get that screen on a MacBook Pro... so it’s no issue for me. I won’t go to the ChromeBook platform (nor will I head back to the Windows platform) for any reason in the foreseeable future, much less a laptop display ... so, as I said, it doesn’t interest or concern me in the least.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    05-20-2013 02:32 PM
    Interesting... but with Apple moving away from Samsung as part of its supply chain, you won’t be able to get that screen on a MacBook Pro... so it’s no issue for me. I won’t go to the ChromeBook platform (nor will I head back to the Windows platform) for any reason in the foreseeable future, much less a laptop display ... so, as I said, it doesn’t interest or concern me in the least.
    Who needs it on the MacBook Pro? The retina display is amazing on it's own. It does not need the new Samsung display.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    05-20-2013 03:38 PM
    Who needs it on the MacBook Pro? The retina display is amazing on it's own. It does not need the new Samsung display.
    That was pretty much my point. The MBP already has a retina option... and is it possible to be "more retina"? If you already can’t see the pixels in the retina display, the whole "Samsung has a new highER res screen" becomes a huge "meh" in my book.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    05-20-2013 04:47 PM
    That was pretty much my point. The MBP already has a retina option... and is it possible to be "more retina"? If you already cant see the pixels in the retina display, the whole "Samsung has a new highER res screen" becomes a huge "meh" in my book.
    The samsung one pretty much has to be higher PPI given the type of screen it is. A PenTile AMOLED screen which looks like a screen door if you don't push for a higher ppi. But along with the higher res and power savings, you get lesser color accuracy, less brightness, less contrast, etc. An LCD screen is still preferable.

I would consider the samsung screen a big downgrade from the current retina screen on the MBP and not be sidetracked by the higher resolution.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    05-21-2013 11:30 AM
    The term "Lipstick on a pig." comes to mind...they'll end up slapping it on some piece of junk Windows based PC, and it'll have a really nice screen to view all blue screens on!
    jclisenby likes this.
    05-22-2013 11:54 AM