Macbook Pro stalls on wake

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Whenever i just close my laptop and wait more than a few hours then open it again. A white loading bar shows up and after that i have to wait about 2-4 minutes for the system to work and be able to type my password. Im pretty sure this is normal, but is there anyway to get rid of it? Like speed up that process or make it faster to wake? any suggestions? im open to downloading cleaners or anything like that. I can also delete whatever using terminal. Just anything will help.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Whenever i just close my laptop and wait more than a few hours then open it again. A white loading bar shows up and after that i have to wait about 2-4 minutes for the system to work and be able to type my password. Im pretty sure this is normal, but is there anyway to get rid of it? Like speed up that process or make it faster to wake? any suggestions? im open to downloading cleaners or anything like that. I can also delete whatever using terminal. Just anything will help.

Here's a tweak that works for the Retina MBPs and MBAs. Not sure if it would help the regular MBP (doesn't say either way), but it?s just a command that you enter in Terminal... plus the command to restore it to the way it was prior to the change. Might be worth a shot...

Quick Hack Speeds Up Retina MacBook?s Wake From Sleep [OS X Tips] | Cult of Mac

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The work around I use on my MBP is to keep a usb device plugged in. That prevents it from totally sleeping and you don't have to wait for....ever. (I'm just keeping my Fitbit charger plugged in and it works a treat.)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Here's a tweak that works for the Retina MBPs and MBAs. Not sure if it would help the regular MBP (doesn't say either way), but it’s just a command that you enter in Terminal... plus the command to restore it to the way it was prior to the change. Might be worth a shot...

Quick Hack Speeds Up Retina MacBook’s Wake From Sleep [OS X Tips] | Cult of Mac

I tried this, i changed the time to 12 hours, but after about 4 hours..it still had to load just like before.. Any other issues it could be? i saw some other numbers and settings in terminal. Could i change those to fix it?