Photo Library

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
A teacher has a MacBook Air running Mojave and will be retiring soon. This teacher will need to hand in the computer before leaving the district.

The teacher is signed in to iCloud and related service on the computer and it is synced to her phone.

The teacher wants to copy over all of her pictures to an external drive. Photo Library and iPhoto are present.

I have the impression that you don't have to copy anything over since it is associated with the Apple ID and in the cloud.

I know that Photo and iPhoto Libraries can be copied over to an external drive. I want to make this has easy as possible without losing any pictures.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The easiest method I can think of is selecting all the pictures in Photos. Then go to the File, Export, Export Originals.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
You just need to download all the pictures from the cloud to the disk of your computer. But perhaps the teacher could redeem this MacBook? If he likes it and the teacher is used to it, that would be a good option.

Hello and welcome to iMore! Thanks for joining in on the conversation! When you get a chance, please take a minute to familiarize yourself with iMore's Community Rules & Guidelines. Also when you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2