Mac Book Air 2019 Gmail attachment issues

BettinaR

Sep 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi, anyone else have trouble including attachments in a gmail message. Ever since I purchased my name Mac a few weeks ago. Typical attachments that I used to have no problem sending I cannot seem to be able to attach. I get attachment failed message 9 times out of 10. Any insight would be grateful. Thank you in advance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, anyone else have trouble including attachments in a gmail message. Ever since I purchased my name Mac a few weeks ago. Typical attachments that I used to have no problem sending I cannot seem to be able to attach. I get attachment failed message 9 times out of 10. Any insight would be grateful. Thank you in advance.

I use a MacBook Air and Gmail every day at work and I am always attaching files of various sizes to my email without any issues. With that being said, are you using an email app or are you logged into Gmail via a web browser when you attempt to attach a file?

BettinaR

Sep 14, 2019
Visit site
HI, I am attaching while logged in a web browser on my laptop...I have been used to attaching files too for years on my old MacBook but ever since I bought this new one. Something is not working. I have been tried shrinking files....although the files I am attaching are no bigger than usual. Typically even if they were they would send as a google drive link. But it won't even let me do that. frustrated

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
HI, I am attaching while logged in a web browser on my laptop...I have been used to attaching files too for years on my old MacBook but ever since I bought this new one. Something is not working. I have been tried shrinking files....although the files I am attaching are no bigger than usual. Typically even if they were they would send as a google drive link. But it won't even let me do that. frustrated

Try this: type a one line sentence using the native Text Edit app and then try to attach it to an email to yourself to see if it’ll take.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any ad blocking extensions in Safari (or whichever browser you are using?) I wonder if they are blocking Gmail from attaching files when they shouldn't be.

One thing to try (if you are using Safari) is to download the Chrome or Firefox browser and see if that works.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR