I selected the Mac OS Extended Journal option and went to 3rd highest security option. It’s been formatting for over 6 hours. Is there a way to stop this process? Didn’t know it would take this long lol
    08-24-2019 10:12 AM
    So I let the battery die on my MacBook in hopes that Mojave would button up this process before shutting off and protecting the HDD. I don’t know if it did but I was able to start the format process over and select a quicker security option and am now copying the files I needed. I was afraid that it would be damaged but Mojave came through
    taz323 and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-24-2019 10:49 AM
    So I let the battery die on my MacBook in hopes that Mojave would button up this process before shutting off and protecting the HDD. I don’t know if it did but I was able to start the format process over and select a quicker security option and am now copying the files I needed. I was afraid that it would be damaged but Mojave came through
    Thanks for the update. I remember doing something similar a while back and I took a chance and rebooted my MacBook and was able to select a different option without any issues, thankfully.
    08-24-2019 03:46 PM
    Thanks for the update. I remember doing something similar a while back and I took a chance and rebooted my MacBook and was able to select a different option without any issues, thankfully.
    Yeah I tried to reboot and it wouldn’t let me, said disk utility was preventing it from rebooting and I couldnt quit disk utility. I was stuck and needed to get on with my day lol
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-24-2019 03:51 PM
    Yeah I tried to reboot and it wouldn’t let me, said disk utility was preventing it from rebooting and I couldnt quit disk utility. I was stuck and needed to get on with my day lol
    I bet it scared the crap out of you....(laughing)
    08-24-2019 03:53 PM
    I bet it scared the crap out of you....(laughing)
    I was squeezing my buttcheeks the whole time LMAO
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-24-2019 03:54 PM
    I was squeezing my buttcheeks the whole time LMAO
    ROFL....
    08-24-2019 03:55 PM