Formatting an External Drive

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I selected the Mac OS Extended Journal option and went to 3rd highest security option. It’s been formatting for over 6 hours. Is there a way to stop this process? Didn’t know it would take this long lol

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I let the battery die on my MacBook in hopes that Mojave would button up this process before shutting off and protecting the HDD. I don’t know if it did but I was able to start the format process over and select a quicker security option and am now copying the files I needed. I was afraid that it would be damaged but Mojave came through

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I let the battery die on my MacBook in hopes that Mojave would button up this process before shutting off and protecting the HDD. I don’t know if it did but I was able to start the format process over and select a quicker security option and am now copying the files I needed. I was afraid that it would be damaged but Mojave came through

Thanks for the update. I remember doing something similar a while back and I took a chance and rebooted my MacBook and was able to select a different option without any issues, thankfully.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I remember doing something similar a while back and I took a chance and rebooted my MacBook and was able to select a different option without any issues, thankfully.

Yeah I tried to reboot and it wouldn’t let me, said disk utility was preventing it from rebooting and I couldnt quit disk utility. I was stuck and needed to get on with my day lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I tried to reboot and it wouldn’t let me, said disk utility was preventing it from rebooting and I couldnt quit disk utility. I was stuck and needed to get on with my day lol

I bet it scared the crap out of you....(laughing)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73