How long does it take for a Macbook Air to go through customs?

kelsey shabanowitz

Aug 9, 2019
Visit site
I ordered a Macbook Air off of the Apple website on August 3rd. It said it shipped on the 6th from China, and is currently in Hong Kong, but after two, almost three days, it still says, "The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release." The expected delivery date is August 12 according to UPS but August 13 according to Apple. How long does it usually take for it to clear customs and why has it been there for so long?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a Macbook Air off of the Apple website on August 3rd. It said it shipped on the 6th from China, and is currently in Hong Kong, but after two, almost three days, it still says, "The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release." The expected delivery date is August 12 according to UPS but August 13 according to Apple. How long does it usually take for it to clear customs and why has it been there for so long?

I doubt anyone will be able to give you a definitive answer. I deal with customs and customs brokers quite frequently and it’s never the same timeframe.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
As someone who orders for my company and whose said orders have to go through customs, what I can tell you is you will receive your order when it arrives.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2