I want to be able to upload a seasons worth of fixtures for a team into an iCal file so it loads into the calendar.

Can this be done from Numbers ?
    06-25-2019 08:49 AM
    If you are a programmer you could do it. I wrote a spreadsheet (excel, but same idea) that put calendar info into the appropriate iCal format, manually save a sheet of that spreadsheet in CSV (comma separated values), then a Perl script that reads through the CSV file and creates a .ics file that can be imported into iCal.

But if it is a professional team, you may be able to find an online calendar that you can subscribe to in iCal. I do that for Liverpool myself, and the great thing about this is that the entries are adjusted as fixtures are rescheduled. For Premier League teams, go here: https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures and click on the control "Sync schedules". If it is another team/league, you should be able to search for the team name and "sync schedule" or "sync fixtures". This will be a lot easier.
    06-25-2019 09:28 AM
    thanks

do you not find it odd that there isn't a csv style format file which can be used in numbers to upload multiple fixtures to a iCal
    06-26-2019 09:22 AM
    thanks

do you not find it odd that there isn't a csv style format file which can be used in numbers to upload multiple fixtures to a iCal
    Not really. The number of people who need to do this is probably very small.

Incidentally, this is quite possible with Google Calendar. You can import CSV files in a particular format, and Google Calendars can be subscribed to in Apple Calendar on iOS and MacOS.
    06-27-2019 12:23 PM