I have questions about the OS version and Wifi. I have a Macbook Air (mid 2013) running 10.12.6.

Does the OS version affect the Wifi stability on a Macbook Air?

Does the hardware and OS version together affect the Wifi stability?

These are just general questions not for a specific reason but for information about the OS. Some people would say it doesn't matter which OS version the Macbook is running while others may argue that point.
    09-27-2018 01:51 PM
    I’ll start with my old MacBook (early 2009 model). It came with OS X Leopard. Since that time, it has run Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan. The Wi-Fi worked and was stable with each loaded OS version. The hardware and software work in conjunction with each other to provide you with a stable Wi-Fi networking experience.
    09-27-2018 07:44 PM
    I have questions about the OS version and Wifi. I have a Macbook Air (mid 2013) running 10.12.6.

Does the OS version affect the Wifi stability on a Macbook Air?

Does the hardware and OS version together affect the Wifi stability?

These are just general questions not for a specific reason but for information about the OS. Some people would say it doesn't matter which OS version the Macbook is running while others may argue that point.
    there were wi-fi stability issues previously on the Air (my mid 2011 model as an example). I forget which OS it originally used. I just got a new MBA 2 days ago and haven't even thought about wi-fi yet. Both at home on my secured network and also on a couple of public networks via a VPN. All have been seamless with zero drops and good reception/performance.
    11-11-2018 11:45 PM