is it still worth to buy a macbook air 11" in 2018?

ddeokbokky

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
i'm a communication student and i want to buy a new laptop and currently i've been interested in macbook, and for now i only have enough money to buy the new 11" macbook air but i actually don't really mind to save more money if you guys think macbook air is just not worth it.

i don't really need a superior specification but i do want to learn some video editing, using adobe illustrator, editing with photoshop, and other things that may need a bigger processor and other thing. and does 11" macbook air still can last like for 3 or maybe even 5 years ahead with all that specifications?

so what do you guys think, should i just buy the macbook air OR save more money and buy the 12" macbook pro?

and from what i heard the keyboard of new generation of macbook is not good.

please help me to decide, thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, 4 GBs of RAM isn';t going to be enough going forward. Since one of the choices is to save for a MacBook Pro, I would recommend you do just that. If you can swing it, get a 13" MacBook Pro or at least a 13 inch MacBook Air with 8 gigs of RAM. The storage capacity will depend on your usage and needs.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Boy, if it’s possible to wait for a few months, I’d at least think about it. Then you can decide if no new models are released. As you say, the current MacBook and MBP keyboards are not as reliable as they should be and I’d hate to make a three to five year buying decision on a Pro right now. Even though Apple has a repair program for four years after purchase for the keyboards, you can be without your computer for as much as a week, based on what I’ve read.

Rumor is that there may be new MacBook Air and maybe MacBook Pro machines as soon as the fall.

I don’t know how you can get an 11” MBA new right now; Apple hasn’t sold it new for I think about two years now, even since the new MacBook 12” was released.

The current 13” Air (which has a good keyboard) is based on an Intel chipset that is a few years old now, so making it for another four plus years with that use case may be pushing it. (That would definitely be true for an 11” Air if you truly could find one new.)

I agree that 4 GB RAM is probably too small for your use needs.

ddeokbokky

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
thanks for the advice! but btw i heard that this 11" macbook air ram can be customized to be 8 GBs of RAM.

what do you think about that?

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm late responding to this, but I think it's worth it. I just got one myself back in June. I'm a freelance writer, so it's good for me to have a laptop to take with me on the go in case work comes my way. I used to bring a MacBook Pro with me, but it started feeling too heavy (I'm getting older, lol). MacBook Air 11" is a light, reliable machine. Why not get one? You can also get them pretty cheap used online.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77