New to MacBook

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So I see a lot of people bashing the Air for the screen resolution, being an outdated design and a few other reasons. I myself have never been an Apple fan. I don't care for the iPhone, never was interested in the iPod or the iPad, and I haven't used a "Macintosh" since they were still called Macintosh in the late 90's. Prior to that, I remember using the Apple 2e in grade school. So yeah, been a while.

So I consider myself new to Mac as I haven't used them in so long It's not even the same thing. I have to say, as a new MAcBook Air 2017 user in 2018 I'm more than pleased. I even got my Pixel 2 to work fairly well with it when it comes to transferring files and such. I looked and looked for something that ran Windows but they were all missing something. I'm really happy with my choice.It's been a month and I'm using many of my old games via Wine. I put Windows on it at 1st and then realized I really didn't need it. I think I'm sold. 1 thing that worried me was being able to read\write to my existing NTFS external hard drives. But I bought a new external HHD that came with software to allow it and it works on my old drives as well! Happy to call myself a Mac user after using Windows before version 3.11. (I'm talking MS-DOS era here).

So I'm welcoming myself to the club, and would appreciate any tricks or tips that anyones sees as a must while I learn something new, MacOS.

Sent from my Mac!
:)

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey bud! I know you. ;) Welcome to the darkside, muhaha! I have a very similar story. I had an Apple IIc in the early days before I went the other way. Yea I remember DOS and early Windows before it was any good! Windows 286 anyone? I DID own iPads and iPods though before I fully committed. Now I have an iMac, MacBook 12 inch, iPad Pro, iPhone 7 Plus AND an Apple watch! lol Nod to the past I also have a Win 10 hybrid Tablet/Laptop, LG V30 and a Tic Watch 2. Yea it's kind of an addiction. ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use the MacBook Air day in and day out at work and I’ve never had a problem with its screen resolution or that of my old 2009 model MacBook. Is it as gorgeous as the screen of my 2017 MBP? Nope, but it does its job - to display images legibly. That’s all I care about.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey bud! I know you. ;) Welcome to the darkside, muhaha! I have a very similar story. I had an Apple IIc in the early days before I went the other way. Yea I remember DOS and early Windows before it was any good! Windows 286 anyone? I DID own iPads and iPods though before I fully committed. Now I have an iMac, MacBook 12 inch, iPad Pro, iPhone 7 Plus AND an Apple watch! lol Nod to the past I also have a Win 10 hybrid Tablet/Laptop, LG V30 and a Tic Watch 2. Yea it's kind of an addiction. ;)

Well hello there. I also have a TicWatch and a windows 10 tablet. Love the TicWatch but the Windows tablet I barely ever use lol. So much tech over the years I won't even list it here lol. But so far I'm quite pleased with my Mac. :yes:

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I've never had a Winblowz laptop last 7 years. My old 2011 MBA is circa July 2011 and still boots (battery about shot though). There's nothing I need to do that can't be done on macOS and existing apps. My IT guys had to remote in a few weeks ago and I get this chat message after a very pregnant pause...."uh, this isn't windows?". LMAO, no - it's a Mac. "How did you get on our portal?". Uh, Citrix client like everyone else? :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner