How do I access my Profile Icon?

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have a Macbook Air running Sierra. Under System Prefs, I noticed the Profile icon is greyed out. I need to unlock this to change or remove something. It is greyed out under other local admin accounts as well.

I would like to fix this issue without having to wipe the drive and starting from scratch.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re:

There should be a lock icon, I THINK to the upper right (might be left) (might be the bottom), just click on the padlock icon to unlock those options, don't forget to lock back up when done. :)

I would give you the exact locations and instructions IF I had my Mac here, but in the office I'm on a PC. :( I'm going on memory, BUT that padlock is the key. ;)

dcoke22

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
re:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25548

The lock icon is in the bottom left.

Also, if users other than you are logged into the Mac in question, they can not be selected. From the link above:

Use the User pane of Users & Groups System Preferences to change settings for your account on this Mac. If you’re an administrator of your Mac, you can also change settings for others who use your Mac.

To view these preferences, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups. Select a user on the left, then, if you selected yourself, click Password at the top of the window. If other users are logged in to this Mac now, you can’t select them.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
re:

I have a Macbook Air running Sierra. Under System Prefs, I noticed the Profile icon is greyed out. I need to unlock this to change or remove something. It is greyed out under other local admin accounts as well.

I would like to fix this issue without having to wipe the drive and starting from scratch.

If you're logged in under a non-admin account, then yours will also not be accessible.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner