Data Recovery

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
A teacher had asked me about file recovery. The teacher has a MBA running Sierra. She deleted a folder by accident and wanted to get back this folder. Unfortunately, time machine was not involved therefore she can't use TM to retrieve the folder.

I know there is data recovery software but generally, you have to buy it to get the files.

What are the other solutions to get back this folder? Is there anything free this teacher can use to scan the computer and recover the deleted folder?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
If the file has been deleted the odds of getting it back fully in tact are slim to none. Any program that has a possible chance of recovering the file is going to cost money. Another thing would be for her to quit using the MBA until she recovers the files. If she continues using her MBA there is a good chance she could overwrite the files and then there would be no chance of recovery. Like I said, the odds of recovery are very slim and will be costly. Wish I could have offered you better news. Thanks.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
A teacher had asked me about file recovery. The teacher has a MBA running Sierra. She deleted a folder by accident and wanted to get back this folder. Unfortunately, time machine was not involved therefore she can't use TM to retrieve the folder.

I know there is data recovery software but generally, you have to buy it to get the files.

What are the other solutions to get back this folder? Is there anything free this teacher can use to scan the computer and recover the deleted folder?

You mean that she deleted the folder and then emptied the trash? Or did she not check the trash?

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
The teacher deleted the folder. It is not in the Trash either. Again, I understand to recover files on a Mac sometimes you have to PAY for the software. I don't think this teacher would pay only to use the software one time. Unfortunately, this teacher is learning the hard way about not having a backup or being a little careless with her files. I am just trying to help this person out.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
The teacher deleted the folder. It is not in the Trash either. Again, I understand to recover files on a Mac sometimes you have to PAY for the software. I don't think this teacher would pay only to use the software one time. Unfortunately, this teacher is learning the hard way about not having a backup or being a little careless with her files. I am just trying to help this person out.

Unfortunately I don't think there's anything you can do at this point without spending money.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711