I have a Macbook Air which I wanted to upgrade to High Sierra. I have noticed during the installation process after the MBA restarts, a blinking folder icon with a question mark appears on the screen. The MBA that I had tried to upgrade to High Sierra, I got the question mark folder and I noticed the SSD drive was completely erased, no partitions and completely unformatted. I had to erase the internal drive just to get a new partition. After I did that I was able to install Sierra. Everything was fine after that.

Is there something that High Sierra is doing to the partition or drive during the installation? Going forward, how do I prevent the drive from being erased?

High Sierra is being download directly from the App Store and upgraded after the download is complete. I am not sure if this applies to all MBAs or certain models. I am going to upgrade my MBA from Sierra to High Sierra and see if I run into any issues.
    11-17-2017 09:33 AM
    Not that I'm aware of. I mean, I am using a work-issued MacBook Air, and I upgraded the OS version to macOS High Sierra without any problems and without losing any of my data. High Sierra Isssue-mba.jpg
    11-17-2017 07:33 PM
    Yep, my 2016 MacBook Air also upgraded without an issue at all.
    11-17-2017 08:54 PM