2017 vs. 2015 - help

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So I am buying my first MacBook of any kind. I don't need anything too fancy. I will mainly use it for documents and spreadsheets and logging into my work network server.

Best Buy has the 2015 MacBook Air for $699 or I can get the 2017 for $999. Is there anything that makes it worth an extra $300 for someone with my needs? Ultimately I'll pass this on to my daughter and get a new one in a couple years when she goes to high school. Thanks for the help!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
What is the RAM and storage in each? As I understand it, the processor speed upgrade in 2016 and 2017 was pretty small, and it is still an older Intel Broadwell chipset, but storage capacity and/or RAM may make a difference.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well....lol. I went to go check them out. Walked out with a 2017 MacBook Pro 256gb. The Air just didn't do it for me. That Retina display and the speed of the Pro was very noticeable.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well....lol. I went to go check them out. Walked out with a 2017 MacBook Pro 256gb. The Air just didn't do it for me. That Retina display and the speed of the Pro was very noticeable.

Excellent choice, my friend, and thank you for the update. Now go and enjoy your new toy...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I've been getting it set up and updated so far. I am totally new to the MacBook so I have some learning to do.

I understand, sir. With that being said, don’t hesitate to ask for assistance or advice regarding your new MacBook Pro if you need it...

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your new MacBook

Thank you. This is very different than what I am used to coming from a long line of Windows Laptops. I am just poking around and getting to know the ins and outs. I am confident that I made the right choice. My 7 Plus needed a new friend. lol

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
ConGrats on your new MacBook Pro...ENJOY

Thank you. As an added bonus, they dropped the price $150 at Best Buy today. I will be heading back to get my $150 and then give it right back when I buy an HDMI dongle and a sleeve or something to carry it around in.

For the first time ever, I will actually travel with a laptop because I want to, not only when I have to. I can't believe how much I like this thing. I really didn't know what I was missing. I have resisted for so long. I am actually embarrassed and will be eating a number of servings of crow with some of my friends and clients.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe how much I like this thing. I really didn't know what I was missing. I have resisted for so long. I am actually embarrassed and will be eating a number of servings of crow with some of my friends and clients.

LOL, I felt the same way when I purchased mine a couple of months ago....LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234