Is this a good deal for a Macbook Air?

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
So I've really been wanting to get a MacBook Air for the portability. I have the 15" Macbook Pro and my wife has the 13" MacBook Pro. A friend of mine just purchased less than a month ago a 13" MacBook Air. Its the latest model (i7 with 512GB and 8GB of RAM). He got it for work but he's always been a windows guy and wants to get a Surface now as he just can't get used to OSX. He's offering it to me for $1200 and he has the receipt for it (he bought it in early May). Do you guys think this is a good deal? I realize that I'll be losing some display resolution but my 15" is relegated to desk duty as its just too big to take anywhere with me. Well too big to comfortably take everywhere with me is a better way to phrase it.

What do you guys think? Should I take him up on this? I've inspected it and there isn't a scratch, ding, or blemish on it and he has the box included with it. The newer Macbook doesn't interest me because I think there are too many compromises right now and the Air seems like it would be a perfect compliment to take on the road with me.

Thanks and let me know what you guys think.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The selling price is good, in my opinion, but unless you're absolutely positive that you'll carry it around after the honeymoon phase, I would consider making great use of the MBP you already have.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The selling price is good, in my opinion, but unless you're absolutely positive that you'll carry it around after the honeymoon phase, I would consider making great use of the MBP you already have.

Well the MBP I have know is relegated to my desk as for me I carry a lot of stuff in my briefcase already and it makes it impossible to load that thing in there with everything else. I really would like to carry it with me on a daily basis simply because it would be helpful to me when on the road (I travel daily) and lugging that thing around is just too much.

I guess that was my question on price. I'm really not looking for justification for having it as I do need something lighter, I was just curious if the price was right. Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well the MBP I have know is relegated to my desk as for me I carry a lot of stuff in my briefcase already and it makes it impossible to load that thing in there with everything else. I really would like to carry it with me on a daily basis simply because it would be helpful to me when on the road (I travel daily) and lugging that thing around is just too much.

I guess that was my question on price. I'm really not looking for justification for having it as I do need something lighter, I was just curious if the price was right. Thanks!

I understand. Having said that, the price is right, in my opinion. Enjoy it.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I understand. Having said that, the price is right, in my opinion. Enjoy it.

Thanks, just looking for some opinions. He let me know he purchased Apple Care for it to so now it seems like just too good of a deal to pass up so I'm gonna go ahead and buy it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner