I've always been a Windows guy but I'm considering buying a MacBook Air 13" this year before I head off to University. It seems the ideal laptop for a student as it is so light and has an incredible battery - my only worry is that with the 4GB RAM and 1.6GHz processor, it won't be able to run everything I want to do without freezing/lag.
    I don't plan to play games or run any editing software, but it needs to be able to have about 10 Chrome tabs open, maybe a couple Word documents and play Spotify music (which my terrible Dell can just about handle). What do you think? Thanks for the help!
    04-01-2016 08:20 AM
    Welcome to iMore!

It will run just fine with what you plan it for. But I would consider bumping up the RAM to be safe down the road just in case your planned usage changes. Go to 8GB and you should never have any issues. It is a minimal cost to double it. It is not something you can upgrade later on. The processor will be fine as is. The MBA is a quick machine that can easily handle what you're going to ask of it.
    04-01-2016 11:02 AM
    Although I don't use Spotify (or any other music streaming service), I do a lot of what you're planning and my aging Late-2010 MBA still runs like a champ! No lag - it's quite snappy!

Does the MacBook Air 13 (2015) perform well despite its specs?-mba.png

The 8GB model now offered would be an awesome upgrade, but as long as my needs stay as they are, and as long as my current MBA keeps running like a Swiss watch, I really cannot justify such an upgrade. But I SO want to!!
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    05-15-2016 11:04 AM