How can I delete photos from my Macbook Air without deleting them from my desktop and iCloud?

I

iMore Question

how can I delete photos from my macbook air without deleting them from my desktop and iCloud

my mac book air has too many photos but when I delete them they were deleted from my desktop iMac

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: how can I delete photos from my macbook air without deleting them from my desktop and iCloud

I'm going to assume your photos are synced via iCloud. Having said that, if you disable iCloud Photo Library and/or Photostream on your MacBook Air, you will be able to manipulate the photos on it without interfering with the ones synced to your iMac.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
...or do what I do - when I (finally) moved to Mac from Windows, I simply moved my entire Photos folder over into my User profile (an alias on the Desktop). Inside this folder are sub-folders I had already created by year and / or event. To view and do most pic manipulation, I use Preview, but if I do use iPhoto / Photos, I export the pics directly out again.

Insofar as the Photo folder is standalone (and not part of an Apple app), I can do whatever I like with photos on my Mac and not have iCloud screw with them. Meanwhile, I can pick and choose within iTunes what Photo folders I wish to include on my iPhone and they show up there as expected.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2