Does anybody want a free MacBook Air? I feel like giving this thing away.. It's becoming very annoying.

Of course, I'm not really giving it away and I'm posting because I need some help.

All appears to be going well, until all of a sudden, wifi stops working. My router transmits over two SSIDs (as do all VirginMedia routers it seems) and when the problem occurs, switching to the other one temporarily solves the problem. When WiFi stops working again, switching back to the first solves it again. It seems like there is a problem with the computer sustaining a connection for anything more than a few minutes. It's nothing to do with the router, as my windows laptop continues to function well, as do two iPhones and two iPads. To make sure, I've reset the router to its factory settings. Moreover, I have the same issues with other networks.

It's not just this MacBook (early 2013 Air) that's having this problem either. My wife's Mid 2012 Air has the same issue. As does my sisters MacBook Pro Retina and a friends Air (unknown year).

Apple have suggested it is a problem with the computer itself, but it seems plainly obvious to me that this isn't the case. If it is, then my wife, friend and sister have been extremely unlucky and gotten 4 duds. I find that hard to believe and I am assuming it's a problem with the OS.

It's happened on and off a while ago, but the problem seemed to have gone away until more recently.

I recently restored to factory settings which updated the OS in the process. For an unrelated issue I also did this with my wife's Air and I know that my sister keeps up to date with software updates.. Is there a bug in El Capitan that is turning this expensive piece of lovely looking metal into something that is more or less useless to me?

Has anyone found a fix?
    12-09-2015 03:16 PM
    The most recent OS X update (10.11.2) apparently has a fix for WiFi connection reliability.
    https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1850?locale=en_US
    12-09-2015 10:37 PM
    That's installed on 3 of the 4 laptops (that I know of). It's not a fix, at least not for us
    12-10-2015 07:16 AM
    There must be others that have this problem?
    12-10-2015 02:23 PM