Should I get the Macbook Air 11 i7 or Macbook Pro 13 i5?

bjui

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Macbook Air 11" i7 or Macbook Pro 13" i5

Hi there,
last week someone broke into my apartment and stole not only my daughters ipad 2, my ipad mini retina and my camera, but als my macbook pro 13" retina with 8GB RAM and 256GB Storage and i5 2,6 GHZ. I hate everyone now, but i need a new computer.
I use my Mac mainly for surfing, Lightroom, light video editing and music making (Propellerhead Reason). My Macbook Pro handled all that pretty well, but sometimes i got some glitches in Reason and the CPU indicator turned red. The new laptop would at home be connected to an external monitor fpr making music and photo editing. It should also replace my iPad mini on the sofa and in bed, cause i can't efford both at the moment.
I'm not sure, if i should get me a new Macbook Pro with the same specs i had (plus Force Touch Trackpad and a little bit faster) or if i should go for the macbook air 11" with 256GB storage, 8GB Ram and the 2,2 GHZ i7. It's cheaper, got the better processor and is much more portable.
I liked the retina display on the MBP, but it is not a must for me.
What would you recommend?
Thanks a lot. Kai.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Macbook Air 11" i7 or Macbook Pro 13" i5

Since you don't appear to be concerned about having any new devices stolen, you might as well as get a Mac with similar specs since the one that was stolen from you handled everything you did "pretty well", in my opinion.