Parallels on MBA..can I get some help?

Riley2521

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Parallels on MBA...guidance needed!

Ok, I've decided to move into the world of Mac from being a longtime Windows user. I'm currently in grad school for cybersecurity and need a new laptop. Here is my conundrum:

First I really really like the MBA, and the configuration I'd go with is 13" 2.2GHz i7, with 8GB ram and a 512GB hard drive. For school, I might be required to run a Windows desktop which I understand I can use Parallels for, however I'm being told that the MBA will not run the software adequately. Any truth to this? I was advised a MBPr was the advisable choice in this situation, but I don't want to spend the extra cash if there really is no need....

So, will I be able to adequately run Parallels using the above configuration? Or should I opt for the MBPr with 16GB ram instead.

Any advice here would be appreciated.

-Riley2521

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Parallels on MBA...guidance needed!

This really depends on the software you are talking about. Running Windows in Parallels is not an issue. It actually runs very smooth. It will come down to the other software. Is it your school telling you it will be an issue, because I would think they have seen the issues and are offering you sound advice. I know that may not be the answer you wanted to hear. But I will also add that the MBA you are looking at is no slouch and should be able to run just about anything thrown at it.

Maybe post the software you are talking about, if you can. It will certainly help with the responses.

Riley2521

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Parallels on MBA...guidance needed!

I would be running Snort IDS, Cryptolab, and Wireshark mostly...I hope that helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro