Should I buy a used MacBook Air for school?

Javier Jaquez

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Right now, I have an HP Envy 15 for my everyday use and for school. It is really heavy in my backpack when I walk around our huge campus (Texas Tech University). I love my HP but it is just way to heavy to be carrying around all day. I have enough money to buy a used MacBook Air off of Craigslist and was wondering if it would be worth it. (2014 model for $450 4 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD) I would use it strictly for school and internet browsing and would use my HP at home for movies and gaming. Would this be a good deal for me or should I just deal with the heavy laptop?

Thanks in advance!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that would work fine for you--and a good price. I just caution you, please don't meet anyone from Craigslist unless you are in a public area. And make sure you "really" inspect the laptop.

Javier Jaquez

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
lol I know that basic rules of meeting people from Craigslist (I've done it so many times). Also, in what way would I inspect the laptop? Looking at it physically and testing it out or....?

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you considered an Apple Refurb? It may cost a couple hundred more, but it comes with the same warranty as a new MB Air, plus you can add Apple Care to it.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I sold a 64gb air with 2gb ram In 2013 for 350. I'm weary of the price you're buying it for but just make sure it's working properly. Even check the audio!! Make sure it it's not stolen...2014 model should have the receipt for warranty and the Apple store could reprint it for them. Lastly check disk utility and make sure there isn't issues with the flash drive because they're non removable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
lol I know that basic rules of meeting people from Craigslist (I've done it so many times). Also, in what way would I inspect the laptop? Looking at it physically and testing it out or....?

Funny timing as I have just picked up a used 11" MacBook Air for my girlfriend from our 'local craigslist' here in Australia. Make sure you can look at the screen powered on and move the cursor against a white background (easiest way to spot dead pixels or flaws). Also ask if you can type all letters/numbers in a document to check they all respond fine. I would also click 'about this mac' and double check if the specs are as promised and maybe bring a USB and headphones to test if all outputs function properly.

I got one it mint condition, makes my old 2010 MBP look pretty stinky next to it.
macbook11.JPG

xNeezzy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I think it's a great laptop for a college student. I think it's great because it's very light weight. It's easy to bring around, perfect for college students.

Hallo562

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I thought that Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 was my optimal option cuz it has a touch screen. But its keyboard even requires you to spend $100, and not to mention the price of itself.
So now I think MacBook Air or MacBook Pro is much more helpful for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711