Should I buy the New Macbook Air?

thienhoang72

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
New Macbook Air.

Wow,new MacBook air I think they are perfect about design, no fan, rentia but which they can works on programming, unity... bad or good. Of course, No one is not verified about this. Let's starting these remark later to decide buy or don't buy...

Mac Techie

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: New Macbook Air.

Exactly only a MacBook! The 2010 11" MacBook Air had way better specs than that. In my opinion the new MacBook is not at all worth it.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site

The new macbook is nice but is this a replacement for the traditional macbook pro or the air... Or both?

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I would not take the new Macbook Retina over the Pro. The extra 128 GB of storage it packs is not worth the performance hits. The Pro is pretty silent unless you start running more taxing apps like games, which the MBr will choke and sputter on. Weight, well I guess that might be a fair argument but do people really find the 13'' Macbook Pros heavy? I'd like to give them my old 15.4'' VAIO PCG-K23 from when I was in college. That thing was a beast!

The design is cool as heck though. I hope some of that bleeds over into the Pro. I want a gold colored Pro!

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Reviews suggest it is less capable than the Air and it has only one port for all external (non-wifi / Thunderport) peripherals and, oh yeah, power. It will come with a power dongle adapter, but otherwise needs an additional $US79 dongle to accommodate peripherals.

Looking more like an iPad without actually admitting they're actually going there, competing with Surface Pro or wishing to cannibalize their 'real computers / OS.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't buy the new MacBook. If I was going to spend that much money I'd rather buy the MacBook Pro. It's more powerful and has more options for connectivity. To me the new MacBook is more like an iPad with a keyboard attached. I already have the iPad Air 2 so I'd rather just buy a good keyboard case if I was hankering after something like the new MacBook. I'm not in the market for a laptop as I already have a MBA.
My computing needs are only light which is why I went with the MBA. It's fast, powerful enough for my uses, has enough ports for connectivity and is light and portable. I find the screen good enough. If I didn't have a laptop I'd go for a MBA again as it's the one that best suits my needs.

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

The new macbook is nice but is this a replacement for the traditional macbook pro or the air... Or both?

It actually is a new laptop in Apple's product line that doesn't replace any of its other MacBooks (at least for right now). How they named the new laptop is a bit confusing and probably should have been called "MacBook Air with Retina".