Wifi dropping out

Cogiter Ekloo

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2014 MacBook Air that I absolutely love, however there is one nagging problem that keeps reoccurring. Basically my WIFI connection drops for no reason and it seems to happen when I'm using my battery operated Wifi hot spot that I got from Wind Mobile. I don't think it's the Wifi radio in the MacBook because when the connection drops I can still see other wifi networks that are in a given area. The only network that doesn't show up in the list is my network and to get it working again I have to turn the Wifi radio on and off several times before it picks up my network. When it drops out I usually check my iPhone 6plus and my iPad mini to see if they are connecting and in each case they are connecting and receiving data with no problems. However when I'm at home and using my home Wifi the connection is solid and rarely drops. I have two questions. Has anyone experienced this on their MacBook Air? Secondly is there any known issue involving Macs and mobile Wifi hotspots that would cause these drop outs?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen