Hiya. I currently have a new Macbook Air with the new OS X Yosemite. I also happen to have media stored on my Mac.

I'd like to ask Is there any way possible to stream those media (like music albums or photos or videos) from my Mac to my PS3 using the same wifi?

Please help. Thank you.
    10-25-2014 07:57 AM
    I don't have a PS3, but assuming it supports DLNA, you would need to have DLNA server software running on the Mac.
    10-25-2014 08:44 AM
    I don't have a PS3, but assuming it supports DLNA, you would need to have DLNA server software running on the Mac.
    Is there a way to do that on a Mac under Settings? Or do i need to download an app?
    10-25-2014 05:10 PM
    Is there a way to do that on a Mac under Settings? Or do i need to download an app?
    You would need to find an app. DLNA is not native to the Mac.
    10-25-2014 05:21 PM
    It's very hard nowadays to find an app as Apple is starting to "lock down" it's OSX to "unknown developers". And if there's an app on the Mac App Store it's usually is ridiculously expensive.
    10-26-2014 06:18 AM
    It's very hard nowadays to find an app as Apple is starting to "lock down" it's OSX to "unknown developers". And if there's an app on the Mac App Store it's usually is ridiculously expensive.
    Never had any trouble finding apps for my Mac either on or off the AppStore. And I usually find the price appropriate for the quality (or lack thereof).
    Search the web for "DLNA server Mac". You get many pages of results including some that are free.
    Gino Guillermo likes this.
    10-26-2014 08:57 AM
    As a technical question what does these apps do anyway? How do they enable streaming of media from a computer to another device (such as a games console)? And will i need to fiddle around or change settings or should they be good to go once installed?
    10-30-2014 05:20 PM
    As a technical question what does these apps do anyway? How do they enable streaming of media from a computer to another device (such as a games console)? And will i need to fiddle around or change settings or should they be good to go once installed?
    I don't use them myself, but basically they set up a service on the Mac (DLNA) and advertise it on the network. A device that has a DLNA client can check the network to find anything advertising itself as a DLNA server. When you set up the DLNA service on the Mac, it either discovers or you'll need to tell it where the media (video, photos, music) is in the Mac. Then when a DLNA client finds and recognizes the DLNA server, the server will send information on the available media and the client displays it. Then you select something on the client and it passes a message to the server and the server responds with what you asked for and then the client plays it.
    (FYIsomething like iTunes home sharing and an Apple TV works in much the same manner but it is using a different "language" other than DLNA to communicate.)
    10-30-2014 06:21 PM
    If i manage to find a media server for Mac and if i go to my PS3 and the PS3 "sees' those files but doesn't play them properly (even though both are connected to the same wifi network on fibre broadband) would that issue be on the PS3 itself or the media server app "running" the show?
    11-03-2014 06:42 AM
    If i manage to find a media server for Mac and if i go to my PS3 and the PS3 "sees' those files but doesn't play them properly (even though both are connected to the same wifi network on fibre broadband) would that issue be on the PS3 itself or the media server app "running" the show?
    Could be either.
    11-03-2014 07:30 AM
    So, any suggestions you can give?
    11-09-2014 07:29 AM