Would a base model MacBook Air be sufficient for creating Mac apps?

Nobuseri17

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hola.

I'm in the market for an affordable Mac that I could take to class or work and then back home.
I would use it to learn how to create Apps for Mac, play around on garageband and then school work.
I plan on storing everything that is nonessential on an external hard drive.
I'm looking at the 13" MacBook Air.

The question is would base model be worthy of doing what I need to do on it for say the next 2 years?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hola.

I'm in the market for an affordable Mac that I could take to class or work and then back home.
I would use it to learn how to create Apps for Mac, play around on garageband and then school work.
I plan on storing everything that is nonessential on an external hard drive.
I'm looking at the 13" MacBook Air.

The question is would base model be worthy of doing what I need to do on it for say the next 2 years?

You"re mentioning memory but is your question also related to specs? If you're talking about memory then no problem. But if you're talking about capabilities then you'd need to give a bit more information as to what your technical needs are for developing those apps.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know anything about programming, but I do know that from my experience, if you want to future-proof a Mac, you should get more RAM, which means at this moment, August 2014, that you should get 8GB. $100 more, but it'll set you up for the next two years. You can't upgrade the RAM later. It's tough to find an off-the-shelf 8gb MacBook Air, so you'd have to order it from Apple's website.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner