Is the Macbook Air 11-inch 2013 8GB RAM Upgrade Worth It?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
If you want a computer and precisely one you can easily take anywhere yes it worth getting it. And the RAM is just plenty enough to handle load of heavy apps, you can always top the RAM to 16 limit I think if you need more ram for virtual windows os.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If you want a computer and precisely one you can easily take anywhere yes it worth getting it. And the RAM is just plenty enough to handle load of heavy apps, you can always top the RAM to 16 limit I think if you need more ram for virtual windows os.

This is bad information. The RAM In the retina MacBook Pro and all of the MacBook Air devices are soldered to the motherboard. Memory upgrades are not possible.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Ask yourself how long you see yourself using this computer. If you are the sort that is always after the newest device, save your money now. It is probably that you will trade this computer in before we reach the point where 8 GB of RAM will be essential for a smooth experience. If you intend to use this computer for 4-5 years, than the extra RAM investment now will be well worth it to keep your new machine running well towards the end of its life.

Once you've chosen the model and screen size you want, you should always consider RAM and processor boosts to an Apple laptop if you plan to use the device for several years.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
This is bad information. The RAM In the retina MacBook Pro and all of the MacBook Air devices are soldered to the motherboard. Memory upgrades are not possible.

That's correct. I wasn't aware that Apple went viral with ram upgrade in their computer. I own a late 2012 MacBook Pro and upgraded my ram from 4 to 8GB, after some googling, it seems that the restriction started with 2013 MacBook Pros.
Thank you for correcting me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh