Need Opinion on MacBook Air

Mik Bradshaw

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting a MacBook Air this evening at the Apple Center but I'm not sure whether should I get an 11" or 13". The thing is I'm big on downloading stuff from Torrentz and wanna play them with VLC player on the MBA (is it possible cause I read somewhere that Mac is hardly compatible with those not from its own kind) other than basic computer needs such as Microsoft Word, photo editing and some facebook games.
I also need to know if it is possible for me to use any external hard drive from other brand which is compatible with mac to store movies and files and play them on MBA. I fell in love with the 11" but only gonna get it if I can do all those things that I've mentioned or else gonna have to settle with 13".
Sorry for my ignorance and lack of knowledge on mac since I'm an alien to it lol. Please help...your opinion and info are very much appreciated.
Thanks!

Mik.

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I also use an external hard drive with my 13inch MacBook Air from Western Digital (1 Terrabyte) which is perfect for storing music and movies etc..

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So yes, the 11inch will do all of those things (it is essentially the same as the 13inch except for screen size)!!
It just comes down to what viewing size you prefer

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
No worries!! I am glad you got a new MacBook! It is always so exciting to take it home and start using it :) if you have any other questions, I would be happy to help you out!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting a MacBook Air this evening at the Apple Center but I'm not sure whether should I get an 11" or 13". The thing is I'm big on downloading stuff from Torrentz and wanna play them with VLC player on the MBA (is it possible cause I read somewhere that Mac is hardly compatible with those not from its own kind) other than basic computer needs such as Microsoft Word, photo editing and some facebook games.
I also need to know if it is possible for me to use any external hard drive from other brand which is compatible with mac to store movies and files and play them on MBA. I fell in love with the 11" but only gonna get it if I can do all those things that I've mentioned or else gonna have to settle with 13".
Sorry for my ignorance and lack of knowledge on mac since I'm an alien to it lol. Please help...your opinion and info are very much appreciated.
Thanks!

Mik.

[WARN]Illegal Activities - Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums.[/WARN]

raymaane

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Macbook Air yesterday. I must admit it is taking me some time to get used to the thinness and not having the extra keyboard room on the 13". But, I am falling in love gradually. I was coming from a Asus K60 that I bought in 2010, which at first I loved. That computer's screen was 16" - i think. But, Man I tell ya... it is so easy to fall in love with this new Aluminum machine. Oh, I also would suggest you get the 13", if you even think the 11" is too small. It reminded me too much of a netbook. But, thats just me. Good luck!

DanielSwanborough

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
He did get a 13inch! Hope you enjoy using your new MacBook Air as well :) I recently purchased one and couldn't be happier with it

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice