At which battery capacity does applecare do something?

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey.

I am kind of worried about my 2012 MBA battery and its health.
It usually ranges from 80 to 83% at only 144 load cycles which is very poor in my opinion regarding that apple claims to have better battery technology than their competitors. Do they still say that their batteries usually hold up to 1000 cycles before their health drop unter 80%? I remember them saying that a few years ago.

Here's a screenshot of my battery status:
Ohne Titel.jpg

I did let a premium reseller here in germany check the battery. He said it was fine.
But I still think its capacity should be better. 20% off can be 60-90 minutes less battery which isn't insignificant.

What do you think?

Thanks

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
so can I take this fact as an argument for them to become active when my health drops to under 80? Do they swap the battery then?

It seems that would be a valid argument and they would swap the batteries.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't hurt to try. If to had AppleCare I'm sure they would take care of it, but without AppleCare you are probably out of warranty so I'm not sure what they would do.

I fortunately do have AppleCare :) Might give it a try when I'm near an Apple Store again. Thanks

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I did that once because of the same reason and they sent me to a premium reseller nearby who said the battery is fine. But somehow I do not want to leave it like this...
The next apple store is 80km away, but I will check in if I'm in cologne again :)

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I checked in at the apple store today and although the genius checked the battery and said it was still fine, he had to admit that 81% health wasn't that good at 150 cycles.
They kept my MBA to change the logic board for another reason and after talking to his boss they decided to change the battery as well. Yeeeeha! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods