Sleep mode

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
How so I shut this off when on battery? I just got an MBA yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 while driving in reverse

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It's relevant in that it is the hardware I am having an issue with. When on battery the wifi shuts off when the screen goes dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 while driving in reverse

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The threads about Airs are very amusing if one thinks that people are talking about MBA degree programs.

(Me, I'm finishing up an MBA, and I bought an MBA to deal with my final year of classwork...)

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Well I don't want the screen on all day. I tried NoSleep and it doesn't work. As soon as the screen goes dark the wifi shuts off. So anything I am downloading stops.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe try looking into InsomniaX.

Other ideas: do you have the same issue if you just put up a screensaver? Or crank the backlight way down? Or if you have an external monitor you could in theory use Clamshell Mode.

Good luck!

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
NiSleep worked for me. Did you have the network activity add on (in app purchase)?

Or just go into Energy Saving in Preferences and set the computer sleep to never and display sleep to x minutes.

I am using NoSleep now and it is very spotty as to if it's going to work or not. I had a chat with Apple and they said due to the special design of the MBA hardware that there is noway to keep the wifi running when it is on battery and the screen is off. It is in sleep mode at that point. The CSR told me this is not an issue in the MBP, which I will be looking at getting when Apple does the Haswell refresh in October.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. I just replaced my MBP with an MBA over the weekend. Haven't noticed the wifi disconnecting during sleep mode yet but wow, good to know. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW