LG 27” 5K Monitor?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I currently have a Apple 2K thunderbolt 27” Display on my Mac Pro 2013 and although I am very happy with the monitor, I am considering the LG 27” 5K model they sell at the Apple store.

Has anyone how there had first hand experience with this monitor and be willing to share it? I have read some of the mixed reviews and just want some feedback.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't. Having said that, are you using the current 2K display for movie watching?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I haven't. Having said that, are you using the current 2K display for movie watching?

No, I primarily do desktop publishing and photo editing in my business. Just looking at maybe updating my display. The Mac Thunderbolt Display is beautiful, but 5K would be a nice upgrade.

crucial bbq

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this applies....

I had attended a film school in the early 2000s for video. Back then, because new screen technologies were emerging, HD was coming into play, and because people were still using CRT monitors, we had to use two monitors for color correction with one of the monitors being a CRT.

I don't know how editing on a 5K display would translate to how finished images would look on non-5K displays (or even 4K, HD, etc.) as I have long since gotten out of video production but perhaps this is something to think about.