Why is pages so utterly baffling to work with? With Keynote, I can add a slide, move slides around, etc.

With pages, I can't work out how to add a second page without:
    1. It creating a section
    2. It adding a 3rd page that I don't want.

Can I turn the 'Create Section' off?

Any thoughts? It's exasperating. The guy at the apple shop didn't know how to get round this (and actually wanted to avoid answering my question). I have been waiting for apple to fix this for over a year!
    07-09-2015 05:02 AM
    I'm still unsure to what exactly you're trying to accomplish. Are you trying to create some sort of presentation using the Pages app or what?
    07-09-2015 08:53 AM
    I share your frustration. The formatting in Pages can be downright maddening. Apple has streamlined it to make its interface look "simple", but unfortunately it is still a complicated program. I would love to see them have some sort of "Advanced view" so you find and work with all of those features easily. One would think adding a page break would accomplish just that, but sometimes the resulting behavior is not quite what you were after. Honestly, I have decided to use Word over Pages. I regret that I don't have an answer to your question, other than ask "hey have you tired this other program instead...?"
    07-10-2015 04:28 PM
    I share your frustration. The formatting in Pages can be downright maddening. Apple has streamlined it to make its interface look "simple", but unfortunately it is still a complicated program. I would love to see them have some sort of "Advanced view" so you find and work with all of those features easily. One would think adding a page break would accomplish just that, but sometimes the resulting behavior is not quite what you were after. Honestly, I have decided to use Word over Pages. I regret that I don't have an answer to your question, other than ask "hey have you tired this other program instead...?"
    That's not "complicated," that's unintuitive.

There are other Word Processors that are far more "complicated" than Pages - like Microsoft Word (2011/2016) and Corel WordPerfect X7 - that have no issues doing things as simple as the OP is asking for.
    07-10-2015 09:59 PM
    That's not "complicated," that's unintuitive.

There are other Word Processors that are far more "complicated" than Pages - like Microsoft Word (2011/2016) and Corel WordPerfect X7 - that have no issues doing things as simple as the OP is asking for.
    It depends on your experience. I didn't grow up with computers. When I was in college, there were no personal computers. Today at age 62, I have little experience on them. So Pages is very foreign and complicated for many.
    07-10-2015 10:14 PM
    It depends on your experience. I didn't grow up with computers. When I was in college, there were no personal computers. Today at age 62, I have little experience on them. So Pages is very foreign and complicated for many.
    It's not about experience. It's an objective comparison. People have varying degrees of computer literacy, and that doesn't determine how complicated an app is. It only seems complicated due to their limited proficiency with this type of technology in general. iWork apps are generally considered simple in comparison to their commercial (and some free) peers.

They are Microsoft Works class productivity applications.

If Pages is complicated to you, than Word and WordPerfect would be unsolvable Rubik Cubes of usability.

Lack of familiarity and technical proficiency doesn't make an app complicated, but it can be used as a gauge for intuitiveness.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 07-10-2015 at 10:33 PM.
    07-10-2015 10:21 PM
    Switch to Libre Office, its free, fast, and efficient.
    12-29-2016 07:35 AM
    What about the Microsoft apps? Word, excel?

I haven't used pages, I bought DocsToGo and it works fine for me
    12-29-2016 08:26 AM