Hello,

At a high-level here is what I'm trying to achieve: Use my 3rd party cloud backup (sugarsync) to backup all of my photos, and use the Mac Photo app & photostream to only keep recent photos on my IOs devices. This enables me to use the 5GB icloud for device syncing and not a part of my total backup plan.

What I can't understand is how to segregate my photos on my laptop so that I can have an "all" folder for backup to sugarsync, and then a "recent only" on icloud for IOs device syncing.

Hope this makes sense and appreciate any help. I will continue searching for an updated backup strategy with the new Photo app. Thanks in advance.
    06-07-2015 04:36 PM
  2. Bigeric23 said: Best Answer

Just a thought: You could create a stand-alone folder to sync a complete list of photos to SugarSync—if that’s an option. Then remove unwanted photos from iCloud Photo Library. As you take new pictures, you’ll have them stored in iCloud and can move them to “All” folder at your leisure.
    Just a thought: You could create a stand-alone folder to sync a complete list of photos to SugarSync—if that’s an option. Then remove unwanted photos from iCloud Photo Library. As you take new pictures, you’ll have them stored in iCloud and can move them to “All” folder at your leisure.
    06-08-2015 07:28 AM