Are you going to buy the new Mac Pro?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you going to buy the new Mac Pro once it becomes available? Is cost a huge factor for you? Or do you even care? So many questions I have to ask the community about this one! lol

​It's an intriguing new design for sure. Just not sure if I'd actually pull the trigger on one.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I will be getting the lowest end one, taking it and placing on a table in my living room and never turning on. I will tell people it's some new wave art piece I paid load for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 while driving in reverse

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought my first Mac Book Pro last year. I love it. I am going to skip this year, mostly for the cost. I bought the iPhone 5S and may grab the new iPad Mini, depending on the new features. There won't be funds left for the MBP.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It seems like the beast machine... but I really don’t have the need... one of the few Apple products that I don’t own. :)

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Need 'probably' isn't there for me either... although, it would be fun to use :)

​I wonder if graphics and video professionals will end up preferring the previous generation to the new Mac Pro.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was all for it during the summer. I'm going to make my final decision after the announcement on the 22nd of this month.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yknow, I don't know yet. Next year I am getting a new machine and had really planned for the most maxed out laptop version they have, but that Pro is kind of alluring in the specs department. I don't personally know how I feel about the design yet....I kinda like my aluminum.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You all do realize that this thread is about the new 'trash can' model of the Mac Pro desktop computer and NOT the new MacBook Pro laptops, right?

k-bigpic.jpg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you speaking to me? What about my post made you believe I was not aware of the topic? The fact that I said that I had PLANNED to get a laptop instead of a desktop next time around, but that the Pro was alluring enough to make me reconsider? Was that confusing?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Need 'probably' isn't there for me either... although, it would be fun to use :)

​I wonder if graphics and video professionals will end up preferring the previous generation to the new Mac Pro.
Looks wise, I don't love-love the new look. But the available POWER is what is appealing, because ripping through some of the files (sizewise) I need to build, save, tinker with...it will be a blink comparatively. I just wish they would put THAT kinda rig in a laptop. But that laptop would cause 3rd degree burns from the heat it would generate.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you speaking to me? What about my post made you believe I was not aware of the topic? The fact that I said that I had PLANNED to get a laptop instead of a desktop next time around, but that the Pro was alluring enough to make me reconsider? Was that confusing?

Not you... just several of the posts seem to sound like they’re talking about the MBP...

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
No need for it and purchasing it would be grounds for divorce, I'm saving for a 27" imac though..
HAH! Thankfully I have no issues in that department, we alternate who gets a new rig when, and I skipped my last one because I didn't need one yet and bought him and his mom their iPads instead. Since my daily driver still cranks for me just fine, I am likely going to wait til sometime next year and go laptop, but...I want POW-AH.

Not you... just several of the posts seem to sound like they’re talking about the MBP...

Ok just clarifying. I was like "uh what!?"

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm due for a new desktop, but I don't even have the money for a PC let alone a Mac! I just replaced the monitor instead and wiped the hard drive on my old PC instead. ;) It's almost like new. ;)

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh man oh man would I like to. But its probably going to be wayyyy out of budget.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that I wouldn't get one. For my needs, my MacBook is fantastic, and I can't see it being replaced. As far as "desktops" go, I have a PC gaming rig, and I don't spend enough time on it either.

I have a feel the mac pro is going to be like most Apple products... something that you absolutely do not NEED, but you WANT so much lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR