How much will Apple's New Mac Pro Cost?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
With the new Mac Pros set to be announced and available soon, I can't help but wonder about the pricing. How do you think the new Mac Pros will be priced? What options will be available? How much is TOO much, or do you even care? I can remember pricing out absolutely killer Mac Pros (previous gen) priced upwards of 10k to 15k (and more)? you think we'll see the same spec options available in these new bad boys?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think the price will either be the same or a lower, especially since there is renewed interest in the Mac Pro.

pattylt

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not too sure what the pricing will be. Remember, this one can't be upgraded like past models. I think that there will be a reasonably priced entry model (maybe $3,000.00 US) that won't be very future proof and once you start adding the memory and cards to make it more future proof the price will be a bit more shocking.

I have a feeling that the model that offers a bit more robustness and power will probably start at 5 grand and the one I probably want will be about $7,000.00 US. Ouch...

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So since we now know it's $2,999 to start...how does everyone feel about that? I have read a few comments that it looks like an ashtray or trashcan, and I may agree with those claims, but it's still painful. What I would NEED from this thing professionally would also put me ridiculously out of line pricewise.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For the target market here, $2,999 is pennies (at least, in my opinion). Video, audio and graphics professionals looking for a blazingly fast, solid and expandable setup will be giving the Mac Pro a real good look.

For the average user Apple's other products (MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac) are more in-line... but those with the extra cash could easily dump some extra $$$ to try out the Mac Pro. I know I'd love to use one, but it wouldn't serve my needs. MacBook Pro or MacBook Air all the way!

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
So since we now know it's $2,999 to start...how does everyone feel about that? I have read a few comments that it looks like an ashtray or trashcan, and I may agree with those claims, but it's still painful. What I would NEED from this thing professionally would also put me ridiculously out of line pricewise.

$2,999 is a good starting price point for those who need that kind of performance. Personally, I have no real need for it and it would pretty much just be a fancy thing sitting on my floor never fully utilized. Looking at the Apple site, as you said, amping it up does cost a small fortune with the 6-Core starting at $3,999 and there's no telling how high that can go.. I'm pretty sure the sky is the limit though lol

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Ha, I wish I had the cash to dump on that. 3 screens, one for Netflix, one for facebook, and one to enjoy my wallpaper. Surely a good use for $3k :p

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
$2,999 is a good starting price point for those who need that kind of performance. Personally, I have no real need for it and it would pretty much just be a fancy thing sitting on my floor never fully utilized. Looking at the Apple site, as you said, amping it up does cost a small fortune with the 6-Core starting at $3,999 and there's no telling how high that can go.. I'm pretty sure the sky is the limit though lol
For me, it would be utilized daily. I think it said up to 8 core. YES PLZ. I could rip through some mega files with that.

As I read through the max specs, it appears you can get up 64GB of Memory...OMG...but how much is THAT gonna cost. I would likely max it out, if I could, because then it would be "relevant" for a long time. But I would probably have a stroke at the total cost.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Anticipate 64gig RAM to be in upwards of $2k. It can also have 12 cores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 while driving in reverse

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR