Mac G4 Cube questions

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I notice there is no existing thread about the G4 Cube, so here it is!
My first Mac is a G4 Cube & i absolutely love it! I still have it with me but unfortunately it is just sitting away in the storage? i would really like to still make use of it, however the lack of support (hardware wise) prevents me from installing the latest OS - which as you will know is severely limiting its capability.
Its spec is so slow now i dont even remember what it is, but it is a 60gb lol which was HUGE eons ago! Dont think it will even run Mozilla now?
Thought of it being a cash register but new software demands the latest OS.
Any ideas what i can use it for instead of just it being a reminder of how i fell in love with Apples' great products?
Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. *Maybe* you can use it as a server of some sort like people do with their old PC computers.

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
A server eh?
Does it serve coffee:)
Thinking of using at as a cash register of some sort, but Square does not support use of their app outside the US. And all the current POS software these days does not support my sweet, aging Cube :(

Gregory The Olson

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Gut it and install a mini-ITX motherboard and install the latest OSX as a Hackintosh. I have 6 cubes in varying stages of conversion. Here is the geekbench on an original Cube 450MhzGeekbench G4 Cube.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh