I am considering getting a Mac Pro or iMac. I was wondering if they would make good gaming machines when compared to a PC. The new Mac Pro which is yet to be released will house two GPU's. Does that make it a true SLI machine? Are the GPU's found in Macs the same kind of GPU found in PC's? Will it be able to handle games that have intense graphics or would I just be betting off sticking to PC I regards to gaming? Thoughts?
    06-19-2013 01:00 PM
    your question was answered in a thread from yesterday, I believe......Check out the second link below. Your question can also be answered via the guide that SeanHRCC just posted. You can read it via the first link.

http://forums.imore.com/macbook/2579...ml#post2041731

http://forums.imore.com/general-apple-news-discussion/257802-considering-saving-up-mac-book-air-some-questions-though.html

06-19-2013 01:05 PM
    Can Macs be good gaming rigs? Absolutely.

Will it be cheap? Nope.

Can you do it cheaper with a Microsoft based PC? Yup.

...it really comes down to whether you want the best bang for your buck, or you don't mind spending the money for a Mac Pro (or iMac, or Macbook) and making sure to order it with the proper equipment to run games as they are intended. It's going to cost a lot of money, just like buying a BMW and wanting it to be a track monster...it's going to cost ya, but you're going to love it.
    06-19-2013 03:34 PM
    In my opinion for home gaming (if you want computer and not console) is PC better (cheaper, easier to upgrade components, ...). For mobile gaming I prefer iOS to Android.
    10-28-2014 04:53 AM
    Never rely on a Mac for any sort of serious gaming was the rule of thumb before, it is still now.
    10-28-2014 06:50 AM