Apple offers sneak peek of new Mac Pro

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm just not impressed. This goes straight down the G4 Cube road for all the wrong reasons. The Cube failed. Anyone who isn't interested in a tangle of wires and devices cluttering up their work space, is not going to buy this thing. macofalltrades.com may find themselves running short of real Mac Pros for those of us who still prize expansion as well as power in an aluminum tower form factor. This clearly is a consumer product strategy applied to a Pro work station and I'm just not feeling it. Some will argue, "but it has Thunderbolt and other external expansion", and that might work well for people who want a hail storm of wires and external device clutter, but I simply cannot have that insanity in my work space. If it didn't have what amounts to non-upgradeable mobile workstation components, and there was even hard drive expansion, I could see a point to this, but the Mac Mini and iMac accomplish this better in what to me is a more acceptable form factor. When I'm ready for a Mac Pro, it will be a used Mac Pro. It won't be one of these. Apple missed the boat on this one and proved to me beyond any shadow of a doubt that the mojo at Apple left when Steve Jobs passed away.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
That is the one thought that did occur to me while taking in the keynote... 'what about expansion?'.

Suppose we'll learn more details on this as release gets closer... but the tried and true existing Mac Pros may be the way to go if you need that flexibility.

Think you nailed it with the 'consumer strategy' comment.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods