I just unboxed a new 21" iMac and installed OS X Server. I intend to use the machine both as my workstation and to manage our small office network (of 3 other users).

Soon after setting up the basics within Server, I was unable to connect to my already established and working Airport Base Station, which was set up with a WPA2 Personal password. All my other devices could no longer connect, as the Personal protocol has been replaced by a WPA2 Enterprise protocol. I have no idea what the username and password are. I reset and reconfigured the Base Station and I could connect again.

When I tried to re-open Server, I was told to enter an administrator password. I am the sole user on the new iMac, but my user name and password didn't work. When I tried to delete the Server program completely, the computer wouldn't allow it because I am not an administrator.

Can anyone explain what happened? I am now re-installing OS X El Capitan on my computer, in the hope that Server and all of its settings will be erased.

Thanks
    01-01-2016 02:00 PM
    Consult the customer support of Apple, they will guide you better.
    01-02-2016 11:55 AM
    @jgroves were you able to resolve? curious... have theories though except barebones facts of few; rest is speculation. however, in regard to actually solving yr prob? im stuck in the same stupid annoying boat so was curious.. Hope you've fixed even if u forgot this post n never read just cause... ok thx!
    06-30-2016 02:31 AM