Mac Mini - part 2

circatee

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
Well, after last weeks episode with the Mac Mini, I did return it. However, I loved the speed of the unit, and, well the overall use and feel of the unit. The MAIN, issue was the MX Master and Bluetooth connection.

Yesterday, I purchased a Mac Mini again. This time, I made sure to purchase a wired keyboard and mouse (merely for the setup portion; and to keep in case I ever need it again).

The setup process was excellent, smooth and went without a hitch. Even more so using the wired keyboard and mouse.

Post the setup, I have just connected my Logitech Keys keyboard and MX Master mouse (first generation) to the Mac Mini. The mouse is not as fluid as the wired mouse was. And, hard to say if it is the Bluetooth or simply since my MX Master is much older.

Regardless, thus far, I am rather pleased. On Monday I will use it for a full days work, to see how it all goes.

PS: Another reason I tried again with the Mac Mini was, millions of people that purchased this unit, can't all be having issues, right? Rhetorical of course. Time Machine drive is now connected to the Mac Mini. Thus far, all seems well. Just picked up an MX Master 3 (had an original for ages). Again, thus far, doing well.

Now to connect my Logitech camera (USB). This will be interesting...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Very nice setup, sir. I’m glad you opted to give the M1 Mac Mini another try because it really is an excellent piece of equipment, and as we’ve both stated, the speed is phenomenal.