I have a Mac Mini server 2010 running Sierra. The ethernet port is not working or the computer doesn't recognize it. I had to take apart the computer to replace the drives. I know the ethernet port is solder to the board. I think I connected everything when I was putting back together the computer. I don't seem to have AppleKextExcludeList.kext extension listed under Library.

When I go under System Report, I get this message "This computer does not appear to have any PCI cards installed".

I have tried the following:

PRAM reset
    SMC reset
    Ran any pending updates
    Copied AppleKextExcludeList.kext from a known working computer to this Mac Mini Server and restarted computer

Nothing seems to work. At this point, I think it is a possible hardware issue.
    01-08-2018 02:29 PM
    If you have a chance, could try running Diagnostics to see what that finds.
    01-09-2018 05:24 AM
    I was not able to get into Diagnostics. I got an error message "Failed to initialized product driver". Originally, I had Sierra then I upgraded to High Sierra. Regardless, I still have the ethernet port not working AND the fan is running high. The fan running high could be a few factors such as thermal sensors or motherboard is bad or cable defective. I might try wiping the drive and reinstalling a fresh install of High Sierra.
    01-10-2018 07:02 AM
    Does anyone know where I can find ASD 3s139? I need a working link to download this ASD. I need this particular ASD to run diagnostics on a Mac Mini server Macmini4,1 (A1347) mid 2010 model. I can't invoke the diagnostic itself on the computer. I need to rely on ASD to run a full diagnostic scan on this computer. I need to find out why the ethernet port is not working and why the fan is running high. It would be helpful to run ASD.
    01-10-2018 12:26 PM
    You should be able to run the Apple Hardware Test via the internet by holding Option-D at startup.

I suppose that assumes you have working wifi. You could also try a USB ethernet adapter. Or, make an appointment at your local Genius Bar and let the good folks there help you.
    01-30-2018 02:46 AM