Ethernet is Not Working on my Mac Mini. Can you help?

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have a Mac Mini server 2010 running Sierra. The ethernet port is not working or the computer doesn't recognize it. I had to take apart the computer to replace the drives. I know the ethernet port is solder to the board. I think I connected everything when I was putting back together the computer. I don't seem to have AppleKextExcludeList.kext extension listed under Library.

When I go under System Report, I get this message "This computer does not appear to have any PCI cards installed".

I have tried the following:

PRAM reset
SMC reset
Ran any pending updates
Copied AppleKextExcludeList.kext from a known working computer to this Mac Mini Server and restarted computer

Nothing seems to work. At this point, I think it is a possible hardware issue.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I was not able to get into Diagnostics. I got an error message "Failed to initialized product driver". Originally, I had Sierra then I upgraded to High Sierra. Regardless, I still have the ethernet port not working AND the fan is running high. The fan running high could be a few factors such as thermal sensors or motherboard is bad or cable defective. I might try wiping the drive and reinstalling a fresh install of High Sierra.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can find ASD 3s139? I need a working link to download this ASD. I need this particular ASD to run diagnostics on a Mac Mini server Macmini4,1 (A1347) mid 2010 model. I can't invoke the diagnostic itself on the computer. I need to rely on ASD to run a full diagnostic scan on this computer. I need to find out why the ethernet port is not working and why the fan is running high. It would be helpful to run ASD.

dcoke22

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
You should be able to run the Apple Hardware Test via the internet by holding Option-D at startup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201257

I suppose that assumes you have working wifi. You could also try a USB ethernet adapter. Or, make an appointment at your local Genius Bar and let the good folks there help you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro