Can you recommend a free RSVP website or app for scheduling a tennis group?

havpilot

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Whoozin? is a website I've been using and works great, except in April they have chosen to start a fee structure. I've tried InOrOut, Doodle, and MyTennisGroup without success.

Features I would like:
1. The ability to copy and paste an entire Pages document of 33 players (name and email) instead of manually one at a time. The contact list must be saved.
2. The ability to have one time zone. (specifically MST)
3. I want to have the rsvp sent to the website, then I can periodically monitor the website to see who is in or out. The idea is to receive few emails.
4. I need to see a sequential list of players who want to play, not an alphabetical list.
5. I have to be able to make admin changes of players and notes.
6. I need two notes areas, one for court assignment and one for weather forecast; with the ability to update.
7. I need to be able to label the reserved courts, eg: Court 9 and 10, not a generic 1 and 2.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
What about using Google Forms? The data collected can be stored on a Google Sheet, which you can access at your inconvenience. I use that for events in my office as well as events I'm organizing for my church. it works really well.

havpilot

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Recently I was listening to the iMore podcast and there was a wix.com ad. I found that I can start a website for my event purpose for free. It's not as easy as the advertising makes it seem. I have found that it's hard to understand how to add an email guest list in order to invite participants and and then be able to view the website to see who wants to play tennis. If anyone has experience with the wix website, please let me know how it's done. I haven't found a clear explanation on their site so far.

havpilot

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I found the instructions on how to add the guest list. I also found out that the free website and event page is not exactly free. When sending out emails for the event, the participants send the RSVP to my personal email. This is exactly what I want to avoid. If you want to have the guest let you know if they are In or Out and have it sent to the website, then it's not free. I have found that Wix.com is using bait and switch, because they claim how easy and free it is to get started, but you're going to get frustrated with building the website and find out that you'll have to pay for wix to help and and even more to get rid of the obstacles. As I said in the original post, I wanted to have the emails sent to the website so that I'm not inundated with hundreds of personal emails.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh