I've always wanted to learn how to design my own website logo and business cards, using Adobe Illustrator/InDesign... but even after playing with it for several months, I still find the learning curve way too high.
    It's just not for me I guess.

Now I came across Pixelmator, and I'm wondering it this would be a good alternative?
    How is the learning curve for rookies like myself?
    And how easy is it to learn how to create nice graphics (compared to Adobe)?
    10-12-2017 08:45 AM
    I will be straight up here. You will not find a better design program than Adobe's Illustrator or Indesign. I have been using them for years and honestly there is no better. I will agree though that there is a huge learning curve. But you will find a large large learning curve with any decent designing program. Not all as large as Adobe's though.

I will make a good suggestion here for you. Affinity Designer by Serif Labs is a great alternative. It has a smaller learning curve than Illustrator and it a one time fee. No subscription to pay. They offer great support. Pixelmator is a good program as well but you will get better design tools from Affinity Designer. Worth checking out. Thanks.
    10-12-2017 09:02 AM