Website design software??

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I have no experience at all when it comes to website design (no idea how html/css and other coding works), however... I DO have a website, since I need it for my company.
But everytime I want something changed on my website, I need to ask an external webdesign company to do this for me which brings extra costs.

• Now I'm looking for a way to keep this in my own hands... ;)
Can you recommend me any simple to use desktop software??

It needs to;

- Be compatible with WordPress (since my current website is build in WordPress)
- I have no experience in webdesign whatsoever (no idea how html/css and other coding works), so it needs to be easy for a noob such as myself
- Ability to create responsive websites (for desktop, phone, tablet)
- Ability to add social media buttons, video's and if possible a webshop with integrated PayPal/credit card options
- Option to integrate html in the near future if needed... (when I'm more experienced)

Last edited:

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Your best option is to run something like Wordpress or an equivalent CMS. That makes website creation and editing simple.

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
As stated in the opening post, I'm already on WordPress... but currently I constantly have to contact my webdesigner, whenever I want something changed.
I'm looking for software, so I can change things myself.

- So far I have found the following options, that MIGHT look interesting;

RapidWeaver
EverWeb
Flux

Can anyone recommend me what to do?

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
As stated in the opening post, I'm already on WordPress... but currently I constantly have to contact my webdesigner, whenever I want something changed.
I'm looking for software, so I can change things myself.

- So far I have found the following options, that MIGHT look interesting;

RapidWeaver
EverWeb
Flux

Can anyone recommend me what to do?

I'm confused as to why you'd have to contact your developer?

CMS is pretty simple thing, you should be able to do most things just via the admin login page

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
You're right... CMS isn't difficult to use when it comes to filling in pages and stuff, but it's mostly the design of the website itself that I don't understand.
(that's what I still need a webdesigner for, and I want to be able to do this myself through an app that allows me to easily edit the design myself)

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
So you want to edit the theme? Create your own theme?

You'd need to know HTML and CSS at a minimum to edit your theme. If you want to be able to truly customise your website learning those skills are your best option.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You MIGHT be able to take classes in web design from either your local community college OR your local school district. Often these are free or low cost for locals. You may also be able to deduct the cost from your taxes as a business expense, CHECK WITH YOUR ACCOUNTANT!

Hub_Pm1

Oct 8, 2018
Visit site
There is much website design software Which are using by many e-commerce web design agencies Some of are I listed below.

website design software
.Dreamweaver
.Google web designer
.Rapid Weaver
.KompoZer
.Coffee Cup

website design Agencies
Branex Dubai
and much more agencies are using these types of software for making the website design

JasonBT

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
Adobe Dreamweaver
TemplateToaster
CoffeeCup
Xara – web designer
Adobe muse
openElement
Pinegrow
NetObjects Fusion
RapidWeaver