I hardly use my PS3 or Xbox 360 when I'm home from work and when traveling it's not very efficient. Mobile gaming has come a long way and it still has a way to go. So with an hdmi cable, MbP, and Steelseries Stratus XL, and external hard drive of course. Is it feasible to run games off my MacBook through the TV and use the Stratus? There are some games I want to play but if it's going to be a hassle I won't bother. Specs of the MacBook, it's a base model 2013 13" retina MbP, so 120GB of storage and hence the external hard drive, especially for a game the size of Shadow of Mordor, 80GB, I'll have to download that one at home. To sum up again, base model 2013 13" retina MbP, external hard drive, hdmi for MB to TV, Steelseries controller, is it feasible to game on my MP with this setup?
    02-18-2016 10:28 PM
    Oh, if it helps, Steam runs fairly well with games on the external hard drive. It just won't play properly with the Steelseries.
    02-18-2016 10:31 PM
    Hi there! It's nice to see others have also tried to game on their Macs Regrettably, the integrated graphics found on the 13in are really not cut-out for gaming. My laptop is a year older but the Intel integrated chips found on your laptop are still hardly what I'd consider gamer ready. But, this only holds if you're set on playing triple-A titles. If you're content playing older games (pre-Arkham Asylum) and Indie games, then you'll definitely be in luck. An external drive is fine, but you might want a faster one to store and quickly access games. With the game pad you're using, I'd recommend checking to see if it is Mac compatible and if you can find 3rd party software to remap keys to those that are in-game relevant. As an aside, if you've yet to play Don't Starve, I highly recommend it
    12-04-2016 04:41 PM