Outlook 2016 comments. 1 minor thing is a huge deal breaker

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I am an office 365 customer and I was now able to download office 2016 for Mac.
I installed, and in Outlook, there is something that may seem trivial, but it really is annoying.
In the previous version, 2011, when a new email came in, and I was in a different application, there was a little box in the bottom right corner that would come up with a small preview of the email. It allowed me to delete, reply, or open the message. I could also just close the alert, or ignore it, and it would go away automatically after a few seconds.

So now in 2016, they got rid of this and integrated with OSX built in notifications. However, this does not work very well. Well, it works, but not very intuitively.
1. This is my biggest complaint. If I click delete, it deletes the message, but also opens outlook. The whole point the the small notification is that so I can continue to do what I was doing without having to change windows and get distracted. I get a lot of junk mail, and it was always easy just to quickly click the delete button and continue working. That is now gone.

2. Reply is gone. This was useful.

3. It doesn't automatically go away anymore. So now, no matter what, I have to always click on something.

So basically, this is now useless, and I am better of just turning the notifications off for outlook.

I wouldn't mind using Apple's Mail app, however, it absolutely sucks with Exchange. When you delete a message, it doesn't get deleted. If you are in the inbox and click delete on a message, and then go to a different folder, and then back to the inbox a second later, the message that you deleted is back. There always seems to be delays and issues syncing with exchnage. Any ideas on this?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner