Though Apple has largely cut down its entire line of MBP with DVD drives in recent years, IMOP there are still many people who are reluctant to give up DVD drive. My niece is the type of person who loves watching movies and TV shows on DVD, so I bought a 13'' MBP with DVD drive for her "back to school" gift. I installed a free DVD ripper (mentioned by some of Mac forums), and I tested with her DVD disc Water for Elephants (2011 film), works faultlessly. Though it's freeware, the converting speed I have to say, deadly fast!

I'd like to recommend WinX DVD Ripper (Mac Version), really easy-to-use DVD ripper freeware for Mac.

>>Rip and copy DVDs to Mac OS X etc, like DVD to MP4, DVD to iTunes, DVD to MPEG, DVD to YouTube
    >>Transfer DVD content to iTune to make DVD copy.
    >>Rip and convert all protected DVDs, e.g. CSS protected DVDs, Sony ArccOS DVDs, all region 1-6 DVDs and Disney DVDs.

Operation System:
    Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite
    Download Size:
    35.6 MB
    Hope this comes in handy for Mac users with DVD drive here
    03-11-2015 04:14 AM
    Handbrake...
    03-11-2015 08:40 AM
    Handbrake...
    Hmmmm, HandBrake need to take advantage of VLC's ability to skirt DVD copy-protection schemes when ripping commercial DVDs. But I found that this program supports ripping all encrypted DVDs for free like Sony ArccOS, CSS encryption, region protection, UOPs, APS, etc, without any third party software.
    03-18-2015 02:37 AM