Looking for a Paper Forms Designer

mrtoner

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for an application to create forms. Not web forms, not fillable PDFs (although that would be the next logical step), but honest-to-goodness, plain paper forms. Yes, I could use a standard page layout app, but a dedicated app would (presumably, although I'm willing to be wrong) make easier the process of laying out the various elements.

Back in the day (MacOS 7 or 8) there was a popular application, but I can't remember the name. And I can't seem to find what I'm looking for via Google (it doesn't help that I keep finding HTML/web forms designers).

Anyone familiar with what I'm looking for? Or perhaps someone could explain how to achieve what I want quickly with InDesign, Acrobat, PDFPenPro, etc.?

mrtoner

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I pulled out my old copy of Acrobat CS4 and it's just as I remembered it: it's fine for making forms fillable, not so great for forms design. PDFPenPro is likewise difficult to use. I'll dust off InDesign and see if it's any better.

By the way, the application I used to use was Shana Corp.'s Informed Designer, but it seems that it went away sometime around 2002.