Free / Inexpensive Games for Macbook 13" ?

jooeey

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I know there cannot be an end to this, as there is plethora of games to choose from But for someone who has recently purchased a Macbook Retina 13 inch and I am not looking for the real expensive games just the medium priced around say $10-$20 or even the free one's

What is it that I should try installing ?

Thanks !

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nobody can answer a question like that. We have no idea what type of games you like, and the best that we can do is offer our personal favorites. I recommend that you fire up the App Store app on your Mac and peruse the list of medium priced games and choose the ones you think you may like.

jooeey

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Nobody can answer a question like that. We have no idea what type of games you like, and the best that we can do is offer our personal favorites. I recommend that you fire up the App Store app on your Mac and peruse the list of medium priced games and choose the ones you think you may like.

Ok let me just rephrase my question then…

Between these 3 which one should I go for ?

I know the last one is pretty old but thats ok with me as long as it gives a good gaming experience I am fine with any. I know the most obvious answer coming here will be well, what is your preference do you like war, strategy, thriller games or what ? My answer is the same no preference as long as it is involving and is fun to play no preference really so out of these 3 which one should i go for in priority wise :)

I have a Macbook Pro Retina Display 13 Inch.

1. Grand Theft Auto - SAN ANDREAS

2. Grand Theft Auto - 3

3. Call of Duty - Modern Warfare ( I know is pretty old but no problem on that)

what do you suggest ? The Game should be engrossing doesn't matter if it is war, racing, strategy etc…etc…But nothing of sort of Max Payne or Batman Find it boring…

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok let me just rephrase my question then…

Between these 3 which one should I go for ?

I know the last one is pretty old but thats ok with me as long as it gives a good gaming experience I am fine with any. I know the most obvious answer coming here will be well, what is your preference do you like war, strategy, thriller games or what ? My answer is the same no preference as long as it is involving and is fun to play no preference really so out of these 3 which one should i go for in priority wise :)

I have a Macbook Pro Retina Display 13 Inch.

1. Grand Theft Auto - SAN ANDREAS

2. Grand Theft Auto - 3

3. Call of Duty - Modern Warfare ( I know is pretty old but no problem on that)

what do you suggest ? The Game should be engrossing doesn't matter if it is war, racing, strategy etc…etc…But nothing of sort of Max Payne or Batman Find it boring…

http://forums.imore.com/mac-apps-games/275788-free-inexpensive-games-macbook-13-a.html#post2166541

jooeey

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok First I was asked to specify my question when I did, Now people are busy making fun of me…Any serious suggestions coming ? Yes I am looking for First Free and if not free then a little cheaper Games..is that too difficult to understand ?? One person comes and asks for clarification another person keeps quoting each and every statement of my question I mean what ?? :sarcastic:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok First I was asked to specify my question when I did, Now people are busy making fun of me…Any serious suggestions coming ? Yes I am looking for First Free and if not free then a little cheaper Games..is that too difficult to understand ?? One person comes and asks for clarification another person keeps quoting each and every statement of my question I mean what ?? :sarcastic:

You're right, and I'm sorry. It's difficult for complete strangers to answer questions that are basically preferenced-based. Even with your follow-up, you stated that "the game should be engrossing". Heck, I'm engrossed in any game I play, but that doesn't mean that you will find those same games engrossing, and that's the point we are trying to make. As for the games you mentioned, I do not play any of them so I cannot make a personal recommendation. Hopefully, members who have or do play those games on their MacBooks can chime in. Again, my apologies. Enjoy the rest of your day...:)

jooeey

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
You're right, and I'm sorry. It's difficult for complete strangers to answer questions that are basically preferenced-based. Even with your follow-up, you stated that "the game should be engrossing". Heck, I'm engrossed in any game I play, but that doesn't mean that you will find those same games engrossing, and that's the point we are trying to make. As for the games you mentioned, I do not play any of them so I cannot make a personal recommendation. Hopefully, members who have or do play those games on their MacBooks can chime in. Again, my apologies. Enjoy the rest of your day…:)

No issues Man ! I have always got great suggestions here :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Nobody was making fun of you. You asked a question that requires a very subjective answer. What I like and what someone else likes could be vastly different from each other, and from what you like. You were told that in the first response.

Then you come back and asked, basically the same question - to which I quoted the original response - that the answer was quite subjective. Now you’re whining and saying that people are making fun of you?

This is a public forum. Grow some thicker skin. SMH

jooeey

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Nobody was making fun of you. You asked a question that requires a very subjective answer. What I like and what someone else likes could be vastly different from each other, and from what you like. You were told that in the first response.

Then you come back and asked, basically the same question - to which I quoted the original response - that the answer was quite subjective. Now you?re whining and saying that people are making fun of you?

This is a public forum. Grow some thicker skin. SMH

Did you even read my post number 3 ?? Before harping the same line again and again that this is a very subjectve question !! I had already clarified my requirement later, if you had some alertness that would have caught your attention but instead of any serious suggestions you were more interested in pointing how technically my question was incorrect ! And now you tell me that I am whinning excuse me ?? I think you need to have high IQ levels to understand what the other person is saying !! Yes this is public forum and hence more you need to be objective with your answers not just keep quoting, unquoting sentences from someone's question and play to the audience here !! And do a mockery of yourself !!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you even read my post number 3 ?? Before harping the same line again and again that this is a very subjectve question !! I had already clarified my requirement later, if you had some alertness that would have caught your attention but instead of any serious suggestions you were more interested in pointing how technically my question was incorrect ! And now you tell me that I am whinning excuse me ?? I think you need to have high IQ levels to understand what the other person is saying !! Yes this is public forum and hence more you need to be objective with your answers not just keep quoting, unquoting sentences from someone's question and play to the audience here !! And do a mockery of yourself !!

Yeah, I read it. Post 1 you asked what games you should install. Post 3 you asked of 3 specific games which you should install. Bottom line is that we don’t know what you like/will like. THAT was my point.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Peter Cohen

iMore staff
Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
My recommendation is to sign up for an account on Steam, the popular gaming service from Valve. There are almost continuous sales on there and stuff's bound to catch your eye. Otherwise, go to the Mac App Store and have a look in the Game section. You'll find a top ten list of free games you can download; some are "free-to-play," but others are legitimately free.

jooeey

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
My recommendation is to sign up for an account on Steam, the popular gaming service from Valve. There are almost continuous sales on there and stuff's bound to catch your eye. Otherwise, go to the Mac App Store and have a look in the Game section. You'll find a top ten list of free games you can download; some are "free-to-play," but others are legitimately free.

Sounds interesting will check it out !

mr-o

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hard to say what's inexpensive for you, but I'd track down Cities Skylines at a good price. Check it runs on your MB first obvs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro